I drove over to Magnacor today and had them make up a set of LT1 wires with their R-100 wire (Part # 89205). The R-100 10mm jacket has a service heat resistance of 700 degrees F. That should solve the problem with the headers burning thru the wires.
A couple zip ties and I had custom wire separators.
With some help from David I got the motor and trans dropped into the car. I also swapped out the trans crossmember I made a couple years ago to one from Mike Harris. Mike’s crossmember will allow me to put a full exhaust system under the car again.
Last weekend while it was warm I got the engine bay de-greased and pressure washed. Today to we had snow and it was too cold to spray paint. The propane heater does a nice job of heating the air in the garage, but the frame was still cold. Kaczmar suggested a couple 250watt heat lamps on the core support with the hood closed. After about 45 minutes the frame was warm to the touch but not hot. A couple cans of VHT Black and the engine bay is ready for the new motor.
Transferring a few parts to the new motor.
Installed some replacement carpet after using the pressure washer to get it clean.