Rich from Cruzin Performance called today to give me the report on the injectors. After running multiple tests, he couldn’t find any issues. Injector #8, that we thought might be a problem, is flowing just fine. In fact the entire set was working so well, that Rich didn’t think that cleaning them would make a significant difference. Attached are the flow results.
Last Saturday I picked up the modified headers. Each of the primaries now has an EGT bung. Bungs are tapped 1/8 NPT and for now we have the block-off plugs installed. The welds look good, but I want to run them to make sure we don’t have any leaks before sending them out to have them re-coated by JET-HOT.
When the injectors were new they were nicely matched and flowed 43.8 – 43.9 lb/h @ 43.5 psi. The injectors are packaged and ready to make a trip to Cruzin Performance to be cleaned and flow tested. When I get the report back from Rich, I’ll post the before and after results.
Last night Mike, Rik and I did about 15 minutes work measuring the clearance between the left side header and the Procharger. We wanted to make sure we had room for the EGT sensor. After checking the clearance RIk should be ready to start the drilling holes and welding.
Before we arrived Mike had CC’d the heads. They turned out to be 60cc, this was good news. We’re trying to keep the compression in the 8’s. With the Diamond Pistons we are looking at running the compression ration should be in the 8.6:1 range. Then we spent the next five hours looking a broken parts and discussing ways to make improvements to the setup.
Then we took some tine to discuss and mock up some new ideas.